Staffordshire King Cavalier Spaniel Dog Head Glass Christmas Ornament Hand Painted Mouth Blown
I can't wait to decorate my tree with some of these absolutely adorable King Charles Cavalier head ornaments. Perfect for the dog lover or English Country decor lover! They'll be so pretty with some transferware teacups and maybe plaid bows.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800's
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved exclusively made molds
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Ornaments come with a gift box
Named Staffordshire for the county in which they come from, and where potteries originally produced ceramic canines meant to set upon a mantel, the dogs are Cavalier King Charles spaniels named for the British monarch, Charles II (1630-1685) who was said to give these royal hounds the run of the castle. In the early 18th century, the figurines were made from china and hand-painted in a labor intensive process of repeated kiln firings. They reached the height of their popularity in the late 1800s and were mass produced in the 20th century. Today, they are highly sought by collectors and designers turning to the past for inspiration. These ornaments are a nod to the original Staffordshire figurines from which they were designed.